Tuesday 5 August 2008

3D Computer Animation - Looks like we just had our glitch for this mission

I love space. I love space travel. So when I was told I would have to animate something using 3D Studio Max I chose the greatest venture ever undertaken by mankind. Putting a man on the moon.

After I realised that I didn't have enough time to recreate the entire mission, I decided that the launch would be sufficient.



Criteria for this module included using kinematics and particle effects.

There are a couple of mishaps in the video. The first is that the second stage of the Saturn V rocket actually had 5 engines, not 4. The other is I forgot to chop the end off the scene where the first stage is ejected and it goes on for far too long. So long in fact that you can see the Earth stops rotating in the background (whoops).

No comments: